In the spotlight

In the spotlight
Consciousness expresses itself through creation

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Communication - Thoughts on a BAPP group Skype session

Image source:http://www.parentmail.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Discussion.jpg

SKYPE GROUP SESSION OCTOBER 6th

Our group Skype session consisted of several people from  Modules 1 and 2 and  just myself from Module 3. I would have liked to have had some more Module 3 people in the group to hear how they are progressing with their inquiry research but it was really interesting to talk to people from Modules 1 and 2 and hear their views about different elements within the course.Having people from all three Modules enables people to get a clear view of the course as a whole and how it progresses. 

People from Module 1 were voicing the same feelings of confusion and anxiety that I had felt about which writing style to adopt for their blog and what the expectations were from the tasks within the Module. Their comments reminded me of   my initial thoughts when I first embarked upon the course. I think it's true to say that you experience those same feelings of apprehension and self doubt at the start of every Module but how you tackle them is all a part of the reflective process.

Discussing ideas with others can also make your own rather vague concepts suddenly become clear. Hearing what people think of your ideas can help add a different dimension to your own thought process or maybe give you a fresh focus.

The group Skype sessions are also a good preparation for the question and answer session after your oral presentation at the end of Module 3. If, like me, you have difficulty in voicing your thoughts in an organised and clear way then this is a good way to practice!



It is important to connect with people on BAPP as well as exchanging thoughts with work colleagues if only to realise that you are not alone in your anxieties.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lynn as always concise and reflective - discussion and conversation - dialogue - is at the centre of practice - this just reminds me I need to do a blog on listening and doing! Besides that I think your ability to develop your ideas with others - guiding and listening - has become more developed - do you think so? Your qualitative analysis of your observations and interviews can use this developed sense to interpret for meaning - thematically organising the data you gather with your own journal experience and literature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula,
      I think that communicating with others, listening to their viewpoints and the way in which they get them across to others make you reflect on how you communicate your own thoughts. The more opportunity you get to voice your thoughts the clearer they become. I find the same is true of Journal writing. If I write down my thoughts it helps me to organise them into some semblance of order that enables me to make better sense of them. I look forward to reading your blog on listening and doing.

      Delete