In the spotlight

In the spotlight
Consciousness expresses itself through creation

Friday 19 December 2014

More Thoughts on Networking






I found the following article on Anonymous Networking:


http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/18/few-winners-in-anonymous-social-networking-and-secrets-not-one-of-them/


I didn't know there was such a thing. Surely networking anonymously defeats the object doesn't it? It takes the concept of homeostasis to a whole new level!

It really goes to substantiate the basic principal of Affilation- that being man's innate desire to connect and interact with fellow man. The people who are involved in anonymous networking are obviously worried about privacy issues and don't want to have their personal details hacked, yet feel the need to express their views and connect with other voices on the internet.


Thinking about Axelrod's  Game Theory I suppose you could liken the idea of bouncing comments back and forth on the internet, without revealing your identity, to a version of the Prisoner's Dilemma. You could play Tit-for-Tat and voice extreme views without fear of reprisals.

It occurs to me that this has the potential to become a powerful political propaganda tool- a way of indoctrinating young minds without fear of being taken to task for your actions. It could in fact open the floodgates for all kinds of abuse.That is quite a frightening thought! 

My imagination is in overdrive- time for some more research!

I 'googled' Anonymous Networking and was surprised by what I found.

To all those who, like me, thought that GAP was just the name of a well known clothing store think again- it stands for Gnunet Anonymity Protocol. Take a look at the site below.

http://grothoff.org/christian/aff.pdf


Just when I think I am beginning to get to grips with the concepts of networking and connectivity and making inroads into making sense of it all, I discover something new to baffle and confuse me. It just goes to prove that the world is a bewildering place and Web 2.0 is forever changing, forever challenging our view of it.

1 comment: